This is my first DIY project and there is many more to come.
I saw ‘Wreck my Journal’ on so many YouTube channels and I wanted to make it myself.
‘Wreck my Journal’ is an illustrated book for the people who has trouble starting or finishing a journal or sketchbook.
Right away, I know it’s a journal for me, because I have never finished a diary. I really want to get my hands on this journal, so I made one for myself.
Things you Need
- Needle and thread
- Scissors and Craft knife
- Pencil and Black Marker
- Fold your paper to make signatures. I use two set of paper for 1 signature.
- Mark 2 cm apart for the binding at the top and end of the signatures and make holes.
- Cut the cardboard a little bigger than the size of the book.
- Mark the holes for covers about 1 cm away from the spine.
- Start with the bottom cover with one signature, sew from inside of the signature to outside.
- Around to the outside cover and make a loop and back into the signature.
- Repeat the process for the other holes.
- After the last hole, loop around, return the needle to the next signature.
- Repeat the process by making the loop to previous signatures.
- When you reach the last signature, it is time to sew the cover.
- Start withe cover, loop around once and sew through the last signature.
- For remaining stitches, loop around the previous signature, then the cover, loop around once and back into the signature.
- When you reach the end, tie off the knot and cut the thread off.
Here’s the link to the video tutorial on how to make DIY easy Sketchbook | Wreck this journal | Step by Step using coptic stitch binding method.
I will upload the completed version of this journal once I finish it.